Summer approaches – and these 3 festivals and concerts in San Diego in May are the perfect way to gear up for the season. Whether you’re a fan of music, an art lover or a taco connoisseur, there’s something for you.
Gator by the Bay (May 11 – 14)
Get excited for this Zydeco, blues & Crawfish festival. This event is packed with live music dancing food and more. Expect :
- 7 stages packed with live music (from salsa and country to jazz and swing)
- All the Creole and Cajun food you could imagine – including authentic cooking demos!
Get your tickets online for Gator by the Bay here.
(Options include multi-day passes, 1 day passes and evening dance passes.)
*Active military with current Active Duty Military ID get into this festival FREE Friday, Saturday or Sunday
Channel 93.3’s Summer Kick Off Concert (May 12)
Huge names in today’s music scene will be kicking off summer with a rockin concert. This is ideal for anyone who loves the current Top 40 – or just loves dancing in general.
And yes, the Backstreet Boys will be there.
When: May 12 at 6 pm
Snag your tickets now here on StubHub.
North Park Festival of the Arts (May 20)
This is a community event celebrating the vibrant North Park area – including great music, art, dance and more. Get excited for things like:
- Live Art Block – Artists will creating unique art with modern, everyday things, like boom boxes and fridges. It’s going to be awesome.
- Live Music Galore
- Waypoint’s Craft Beer Block – Includes unlimited tasters from more than 30 local breweries.
- West Coast Cocktail Garden – For those who prefer gin and tequila over IPAs.
- Kids Art Block
- And food, naturally there will be plenty of food
Simply head to the corner of 30th & University Avenue to find the start of the North Park Festival of the Arts – start enjoying live music and local business offerings from there!
When: May 20th from 11 am – 10 pm