San Diego is not just America’s Finest City, it’s America’s Finest City for celebrating Cinco de Mayo. With a plethora of Mexican cuisine, bars and culture – there are great options for parties and events May 5 – 7, 2017.
Attend Cinco De Mayo Fundraiser at Firehouse (May 5)
Firehouse is hosting a celebration with a good cause. A donation of $10 gets you into VIP lounge on the rooftop patio. Enjoy live music, samples, games and more. Mexican cuisine will also be available for purchase.
Time: 5 – 8 pm
Tickets for sale here.
Attend the 34th Annual Fiesta Old Town Cinco de Mayo
May 5 – 7
Fiesta Old Town is a massive free weekend festival – biking distance from Pacific Beach – in San Diego’s Old Town.
Get excited for:
- Cantina beer gardens
- Tequila sampling
- 4 stages featuring mariachi and Latino rock music
- A lowrider car show, lucha libre matches and children’s’ activities
- Exhibitions and competitions
Most importantly, there will be plenty of Mexican cuisine. Tacos. Margaritas. And more margaritas.
Good place to start: San Diego Ave & Twiggs Street
Friday – All Night Happy Hour
Saturday – 11 am – 10 pm
Sunday – 11 am – 5 pm
(Some restaurants that will be having specials: Cafe Coyote, Fred’s Mexican Cafe, Old Town Mexican Cafe & Miguel’s Cocina.)
Hit a Mexican Restaurant in PB (Any Night this Weekend)
Go casual and hit a local PB taco shop or restaurant. Some spots we recommend:
- The Local Pacific Beach : They typically do great margarita and taco deals on May 5.
- Cabo Cantina : Because well, it’s Cabo Cantina. Giant margarita the size of your head anyone?
- Ramiro’s Taco Shop : This small, super casual spot serves up amazing tacos and carne asada fries. If you’re looking for down to Earth, authentic tacos, head here and take food to the beach!
*The Local’s Cajun Shrimp Tacos + Margarita